Mon, 28 November 2011
Thanks for joining us for WEDWay Radio, a show about Disney history, Disney parks, and touring. This is episode 98
This weeks show is quite unique in that we don't look at an individual attraction or land. Instead we focus on a very special era in Disney history; the technological advancements of the mid 20th century that allowed breakthroughs in new show elements and attractions in the Disney parks.
This time period really culminates with the Disneyland Tencennial and all of the technological advancements related tot he celebration and the Disneyland 10th Anniversary show.
We look at some of the exciting projects and attractions that are associated with this time including the creation of New Orleans Square, The Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Plaza Restaurant.
Walt Disney himself hosts the episode of the Wonderful World of Color episode featuring these projects and he takes Ms Tencennial, Julie Reihm, around WED introducing her to the projects.
Several Imagineers are featured on the program as well including Mary Blair, Harriet Burns, John Hench, Marc Davis, Rolly Crump and Claude Coates
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Also, we haven't asked you in while, but if you haven't written an iTunes review we'd really appreciate it.
Thu, 24 November 2011
This is Wedway NOW for November 24, 2011 - Happy Thanksgiving. On this episode we discuss this week in Disney history, the D23 events for 2012 and some Disney news, including:
- The Muppets has hit screens and is a hit
- The Rice Krispy Turkey legs
- New RFID Turnstiles at Epcot
- The first tree in the Fantasyland Expansion
Mon, 21 November 2011
This week on WEDWay Radio Matt and Nate continue their Studios 89 series by taking a look at the backstage, onstage in the Backlot Express.
Thu, 17 November 2011
Thanks for joining us for Wedway NOW! for November 17, 2011 - This week we discuss:
- James Cameron toured Disney California Adventure
- The features of the new Disneyland Hotel
- Jake and The Neverland Pirates meet and greet at Disney Hollywood Studios
- Bob Iger joins the Board of Directors at
- A new Toy Story Short "Small Fry" to air prior to The Muppets
- The Magic Memories and You features the Castle Cake from the 25th Anniversary. Joke?
Mon, 14 November 2011
On this episode of WEDWay Radio Matt and Nate discuss the different holiday offerings at Walt Disney World, but not after discussing the evolution of the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland from 1955 - 1961.
We talk about all of you holiday favorite on this episode including:
Thu, 10 November 2011
Thanks for joining us for Wedway Radio for November 9, 2011. This week we discuss:
- Disney will be creating content for Youtube
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Playtest
- Supercar Experience at WDW Speedway
- Walt Disney Family Museum WWII cartoons for Veterans Day
- Carthay Circle Pump House unveiled.
Mon, 7 November 2011
This is WEDWay Radio 95 - The Bold Renegade. In this episode we look at an important property, development and creation of Walt Disney Productions; the creation of the Zorro show. Although it was a popular show on ABC from 1957-1959 there is so much more to this story including:
- The creation of WED
- The break with ABC as a financial partner
- A look into how Disney would go to protect its financial freedom
Check out the show notes for links to great websites about this subject at wedwayradio.com
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/twitter
Like our Facebook page: http://facebook.com/wedwayradio
Email us at email@example.com
Fri, 4 November 2011
The news of November 11, 2011 including:
- Disney - Netflix Deal -
- A Look at Buena Vista Street
- Retro D-Tech merchandise items
- Talking Mickey visits Magic Kingdom
- New Disney Gallery exhibit "All aboard the Grand Circle Tour"
- Disneyland has no plans to adopt the dining cancellation fee